SEASON 2001/2002 - RULES
1. Players that appear in the official Dream Team list score points in Premiership, Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cup and Worthington Cup matches from Saturday August 18 until the final game of the season. Qualifying rounds for the Champions League, InterToto Cup and UEFA Cup do not count.
2. Three points are awarded to a player given a mark of seven or more in SunSport’s individual ratings carried with match reports. A bonus five points are awarded to our Star Man.
3. Five points are awarded for a goal scored. A player scoring three or more goals per game gets five additional bonus points. A player who has been awarded points as described above will retain those points regardless of whether a goal is attributed to another player at a later date. Any player that is subsequently awarded a goal will not receive the points retrospectively.
4. A keeper or a defender who keeps a clean sheet scores five points. If they concede one goal, they score no points, two goals -1, three goals -2 and so on. Players not picked for any reason score 0 points for each game they miss.
5. Any keeper or defender who comes on as a sub scores points for a clean sheet or loses points for conceding goals as if they had played 90 minutes.
6. Any player who is booked loses a point. A player sent off for any reason loses three points. Any player that loses points for a booking or sending off will not have those points reinstated if the offence is rescinded on appeal.
7. The season’s top individual scorer earns a 20-point bonus.
8. There will be a mid-season Transfer Window when you can swap up to three players providing you do not break any of the existing rules. Full details will be announced nearer the time.
9. Any player transferred from one Premiership club to another continues to score points. For the purposes of the Game, he stays registered with his original club. If a player leaves the Premiership, his points are frozen until such a time that he returns.
10. The rules remain the same for games involving extra time. A match that is 0-0 after 90 minutes must be 0-0 after extra time for keepers and defenders to keep clean sheets. Penalty shoot-outs do not count. Replays are counted as separate games.
11. Your team's value cannot exceed £40million.
12. You must pick no more than two players from any one Premiership side.
13. Your team must have one keeper, four defenders, three or four midfielders, and two or three forwards.
14. No arguing with the rules.